Before hitting it big in any industry, there are some things that one has to do to cement his respective place in a particular field. Setting up an e-commerce site, especially for first timers, is a lot of work. One should not only understand the do’s and dont’s of online marketing, but he must also be aware of the different scenarios wherein he has to step up his game and be more competitive against his rivals.
One of the best practices to market your e-commerce website is through Search Engine Optimization. This determines your Internet search ranking, and the higher the rank, the better. However, achieving a high ranking does not happen overnight so one must work double time in boosting the website’s online presence.
Here are some of the techniques that can be used to generate high traffic for an e-commerce site.
- Be dynamic on Social Media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Increase website traffic by posting valuable content on all your Social Media accounts so that more customers would become interested in the products or services that you offer. If possible, make sure to post at least three times a day or when necessary so that your updates will be seen every now and then on the newsfeeds of your subscribers. Posting videos that are related or of importance to your website is also a good way to gain the attention of your potential buyers. Creating promos or special offers that will mainly benefit those who will purchase online is also an effective way of online marketing.
- Do e-mail marketing. This is not only to generate traffic but also to have a good chance of driving sales from possible customers. If some people left their e-mail addresses via the Inquiry or other e-mail-collecting features on your website, they are good potential buyers of your products. Send them e-mail blasts that include updates on special promos, discounts, and coupons.
- Ask your existing customers to leave overall reviews on your website. Most consumers prefer transacting with businesses that have a good reputation in terms of products and Customer Service to companies that perform poorly in these fields. Customers will be more interested in knowing your business better and will spend time browsing your website.
- Sponsor or advertise on blog posts or other sites that are similar or related to what you are trying to sell. This will make those who are regular visitors of other websites notice your advertisement and eventually visit yours when they find it interesting and if you sell something that they need or is planning to purchase.
- Know the keywords that will yield a fair share of traffic for your e-commerce site. Make sure that you also have blog posts that tackle things related to your business and direct the readers to your website to know more about your services and merchandise.
Due to the advancement in modern technology, possible ways of raising your online presence and website traffic may appear from time to time, so you had better be updated and at par with the others, especially with those that have the same business as you. For your reference, here is Baker Distributing Company’s website that you can check out.