Advantages of the OmegaFlex TracPipe CounterStrike Flexible Gas Piping Over Traditional CSSTs
OmegaFlex Inc. has been developing high-quality manufacturing processes in producing corrugated flexible metal hose and braid products. The metal hose products manufactured by OmegaFlex are used in facilities such as chemical and petrochemical plants, steel mills, water and wastewater facilities, pulp and paper mills, and power plants. OmegaFlex has the commitment and resources to meet the demands of the industrial industry.
OmegaFlex has built a business relationship with the leading HVAC/R distribution company in North America, Baker Distributing Company. Baker Distributing stocks more than 100,000 stocked line items from approximately 500 suppliers. Baker is known not only for the competitive pricing that it offers but also for the excellent customer service it provides. Baker Distributing assures it can provide HVAC/R equipment that contractors need.
The OmegaFlex developed an improved version of TracPipe CounterStrike and it is available in Baker Distributing. The Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) was made to eliminate the dangers of rigid gas piping. CounterStrike spreads electrical energy and is listed by Factory Mutual for seismic resistance. The improved version of TracPipe CounterStrike is a second-generation product that is an effective but low-priced tool in improving the protection of CSST gas piping systems from the damage caused by close, indirect lightning strikes.
TracPipe CounterStrike Advantages Over Traditional CSST:
- No additional bonding requirements needed from the manufacturer’s installation instructions. Because of TracPipe CounterSrike’s enhanced properties, it bonds in accordance with the present requirements of the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70), National Fuel Gas Code (NFPA 54), and with other local requirements that may be in excess of the national codes.
- TracPipe CounterStrike is listed by CSA to ANSI LC 1. It meets building code requirements (ASTM E84) with respect to flame spread and smoke density. This allows installation in drop ceilings used as return air plenums and is UL Listed for 1, 2, and 4 hours through penetration firestop systems without removal of the jacket.
- Up to 400 times more resistant to the damaging effects of electrical energy than yellow CSST
- At least 6 times more resistant to damage than the older version of TracPipe CounterStrike
- Has a complete range of CSST sizes available
- Lays straighter and pulls easier than other CSSTs
- More crush resistant than competitive brands
- Designed to withstand higher levels of lightning energy compared to the older version
With over 200 locations in 23 states, each Baker Distributing Sales Center is staffed by the most knowledgeable and customer service oriented people in the industry. With a complete inventory of HVAC/R products and technical assistance, Baker Distributing’s Sales Centers can provide you with the products and information you need to make your job more efficient. For more information, visit www.bakerdist.com or download the Baker Assist App on your mobile devices such as tablets, laptops, and cellphones via Google Play and Apple App Store.