K-FLEX Clad AL Roll Showcases Innovation in Insulation
L’ISOLANTE K-FLEX is an Italian manufacturing company that specializes in manufacturing acoustic elastomeric and thermal insulation materials. K-FLEX is a market leader worldwide and it focuses on technological advancements. K-FLEX also values the quality of its products which play an important role in energy consumption control and lessen greenhouse gas emission. The company has a stable commercial distribution networks and branches in 43 countries with 11 production facilities in Italy, Russia, China (3 plants), United States, Turkey, India, Poland, Dubai, and Malaysia.
Baker Distributing Company is a leading HVAC/R distribution company in North America. Together with K-FLEX, Baker Distributing provides HVAC/R professionals the proper equipment, accessories, and products that they need. Baker Distributing is known for its superior customer service and has the capacity to deal with the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, food service, and refrigeration requirements of HVAC/R contractors and professionals.
One of the K-FLEX products that Baker Distributing offer is the K-FLEX Clad AL Roll Multi-layer Protective Jacketing. The K-FLEX CLAD AL is a composite product made up of a multi-ply laminate jacketing that is factory-adhered to an NBR/PVC-based closed cell, flexible elastomeric foam insulation.
Characteristics of K-FLEX Clad AL Roll Multi-layer Protective Jacketing:
- Environment-friendly – It is free of CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs, PBDEs, formaldehyde, and fibers. There is also an EPA-registered antimicrobial agent incorporated into the insulation. It provides additional protection against mold, fungal, and bacterial growth. The product is made in K-FLEX USA’s ISO 9001:2008-certified manufacturing facility in North Carolina.
- Protection against CUI – K-FLEX CLAD AL’s low permeance jacket provides a secondary moisture vapor and gas barrier to the inherently moisture-resistant closed cell foam core, which is considered a Class 1 vapor retarder per ASHRAE. The installed system is 100 percent sealable with moisture-tight seams, has a high emissivity value, and is resistant to puncture. Factory-jacketed tubes have a unique overlap closure system to wipe out moisture penetration through seams.
- Durable, safe to handle, and lightweight for an efficient installation – The factory-jacketed insulation is made to provide installed cost savings over traditional jacket systems. It needs little to no maintenance at all and allows for removal and re-application for pipe inspection.
- Flame and smoke rating – It has a flame spread rating of 25 or less and a smoke development rating of 450 or less as tested to ASTM E84, “Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials.”
- Ideal choice for outdoor applications because it is resistant to UV, weather, oxidation, staining, dirt, and various kinds of chemicals, oils, and salts. This product is used to slow down heat gain and avoid condensation or frost formation on below-ambient applications such as refrigerant, cold water plumbing, chilled water, and industrial process lines.
- ASTM C534 type 1 and 2, Grade 1
- USDA Compliant
- RoHS Compliant
- ASTM E84 25/450-rated (Class A) – tested to UL 723, NFPA 255 and CAN/ULC S102-03
- UL GREENGUARD Gold Certified
- Meets energy code requirements of ASHRAE 90.1 and 189.1
With over 200 locations in 23 states, each Baker Distributing Sales Center is staffed by the most knowledgeable and customer service oriented people in the industry. With a complete inventory of HVAC/R products and technical assistance, Baker Distributing’s Sales Centers can provide you with the products and information you need to make your job more efficient. For more information, visit www.bakerdist.com or download the Baker Assist App on your mobile devices such as tablets, laptops, and cellphones via Google Play and Apple App Store.