Air conditioners are no doubt one of the most useful and necessary appliance that we need to own, whether in the office or at home. It is not required for a thorough explanation for this simply because we are all aware of the convenience that it brings to us.
However, aside from the fact that an air conditioning unit may cost a few dollars, maintaining it is also quite costly, most especially if the unit is not properly taken care of. Hence, it is important to know some steps to prolong the life of the unit, which will not only make you use the unit for a longer time, but also to save money.
How To Properly Take Care Of Your Air Conditioning Unit
- The air filter should be changed every three months. This is a requisite to make sure that the air conditioning unit functions well and efficiently. You may want to consider changing the filter at the start of summer to maximize its use to cool down your home or office during the hot weather. If in case you have allergies or your location is near a construction site, you might need to change the filter more often. Also, you may consider buying synthetic pleated filters rather than the cheaper fiberglass filters.
- Adjust your thermostat to a normal temperature. Turning down the thermostat will only make your air conditioner work longer, not cool down your home or office more quickly.
- Check the ducts to prevent dust from getting into the ductwork and check if there are any holes where the cold air might escape. Choose the metal ductwork over the plastic ones because it lasts longer.
- Make sure to clean the condenser of your air conditioning unit yearly because dirt may block the airflow and it may lead to poor performance of the unit. You also have to secure the condenser because the copper inside it can be sold as scrap metal, making it a valuable target for thieves.
- Always check if your air conditioner is cooling efficiently and if you notice any malfunction, immediately have it checked for it can also be a factor in having high electricity bills.
Contacting a reliable distributor of air conditioners is also a big factor in maximizing the use of your unit. Baker Distributing Company not only offers the best brands in the market, but they also have excellent customer service that can assist you with your every need. Visit this site for more information.